Wednesday, December 06, 2017 / by Sherry Kwintner
Selling a home? Get a free home value report
Buying a home? Search all homes for sale
Download Our Free Book 25 Essential Rules to Selling Real Estate.
Investing in Commercial Real Estate has been extremely lucrative for savvy individuals. Today, we’re going to discuss the seven key terms to know before you delve into the Commercial Real Estate Market.
1. Net Operating Income (NOI). Expressed as an annual sum, NOI is the product of all rents actually calculated, minus all operating expenses actually paid out.
2. Cash-On-Cash Return. A common investment measure (in percentage) showing the relationship between Year 1 Cash Flow Before Tax divided by the Initial Equity Investment.
3. Cap Rate. Also considered the Current Market Value; is determined by comparing your NOI versus the Sales Price. In other words, it is the rate of return on a real estate investment property based on the income the property is expected to genera ...
Thursday, November 30, 2017 / by Angela Hunter
1. Trace one another’s silhouettes using the back side of old Christmas wrapping paper.
2. Turn on your favorite tunes and have a dance-off.
3. Unearth last year’s Halloween costumes and act out your own spontaneous drama using the characters.
4. Have a board game marathon.
5. Find Santa! Drive around your city and look for him wherever you can --- the mall, or even sidewalks.
6. Create your own fairy tale. Start with the classic “Once Upon a Time…” opener, and take turns combining classic story elements to make your own. Record what you come up with!
7. Visit the local humane society to give (and receive!) some quality cuddles.
8. Turn all the lights off and play hide-and-seek in the dark.
9. Play balloon tennis. ...
Thursday, November 16, 2017 / by Angela Hunter
Thanksgiving is the greatest, most stressful holiday of the year. Between the turkey, sides, appetizers, and desserts, there’s a lot of cooking that happens all at once. You must execute your cooking skills so that everything is done at the same time. It’s an intricate dance that only the most skilled of home cooks know the steps to. Luckily, we have some hacks to help level the playing field.
Cooking tips have made it possible for the scrawniest of us to peel butternut squash with superhero-like strength. They’ve taught us how to slice through a box of cherry tomatoes with one swift flick of the wrist. These trusty hacks are making Thanksgiving dinner so much easier for all of us.
We compounded the greatest cooking hacks to use on Thanksgiving Day to make sure your holiday takes off without a hitch.
1. Add a little baking powder for fluffier mashed potatoes.
2. Keep the mashed potatoes warmed in a slow cooker. (You’ll have a wh ...
Thursday, November 16, 2017 / by Angela Hunter
Fire Stick with Alexa Voice Remote and Echo Dot, $69.98 (list price: $89.98)
Lamicall S1 Multi-Angle Tablet Stand for Desk, $16.99 (list price: $69.99)
Echo Dot, $29.99 (regular price $49.99)
Amazon Tap, $79.99 (regular price: $129.99)
Fire HD 10, $99.99 (regular price: $149.99)
Amazon says it will also sell a 49-inch 4K television for $159.99.
Best Buy says that almost 1,000 stores in 47 states will be open at 5 p.m. local time on Thanksgiving.
Nearly all stores will remain open until 1 a.m. local time on Friday, Nov. 24, and re-open at 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. local time.
Sharp 50" 4K Ultra HD TV, $179.99 (in-store deal only, regular price: $499.99)
Samsung 50" 4K Ultra HD TV, $399.99 (regular price: $699.99)
Motorola Video Baby Monitor with 2.8" screen, $79.99 (regular price: $149.99)
Other deals are already online. Those include:
Samsung - 25.5 Cu. Ft. French Door ...
Wednesday, November 08, 2017 / by Angela Hunter
7 Filthy Spots Everyone Sees But You
Admit it: It’s easy to get a little judgy inside someone else’s home. We notice the dirty floors, cobwebs lingering in the corners, and dust on the overhead fan. But guess what? You’ve probably got some gunky areas that your friends notice, but you don’t. (Sad music.)
#1 Light Fixtures
Look up. Your light fixtures are covered with dust and dead bugs.
Take them down, spritz with a cleaning product, and wipe clean. Use a solution of five parts water and one part cleaning product (a non-toxic odorless all-purpose product).
#2 Toilet Body
You probably clean your tank often, but what about all the bits and pieces that surround the tank, and the floor itself?
For porcelain thrones, I recommend a Soft Scrub with bleach to clean the minuscule cracks that form in the glaze over time. For any non-porcelain parts, vinegar will do. Start with the top and spray all the way around — the lid, under the lid, the se ...