Every year as we head into the holiday season from Thanksgiving to New Year, many homeowners decide to wait to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays. Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
1. Relocation buyers are out there. Companies are not concerned with holiday time and if the buyers have kids, they want them to get into school by January 1 or early in the 2nd semester.
2. Purchasers who are looking for a home during the holidays are not tire kickers. They are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
3. You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
4. Homes show well when decorated tastefully for the holidays. This is probably not the year for the live nativity on your front lawn, but a wreath and an appropriately sized tree make a home warmer. Of course, a nice fire in the fireplace or outdoor living space.
5, There is less competition for you as a seller during this season.
6, The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2017, which will lessen the demand for your house.
7. The interest rates have finally started to move. Any increase in the interest rate either increases the amount of the monthly mortgage payment for the buyer or reduces the price they are willing to pay for your home. The Fed is threatening to raise rates in December. Don't wait till the spring and get less than you expected for your home.
If you would like a no obligation analysis of your home in the changing market, please call he SellsStrong Team today 770-744-1344 to speak to our Listing Strategist.